Seal Coating Houston
Do you have a brittle, dry, crack asphalt pavement?
It may be time to seal coat.
Seal coating is a proactive and affordable method to extend the longevity of your asphalt pavement, perhaps on your driveway or parking lot. Sealcoating involves the application of a layer of a hot tar sealant to the surface of the asphalt, which prevents water from getting into any narrow cracks.
By preventing water from getting in the cracks, this will inevitably keep your base stronger and your concrete intact for longer.
As one of Houston’s best sealcoating contractors, Revitalize Paving provides customers with a full range of seal coating services to businesses and homeowners in the city and surrounding area.
Benefits of Seal Coating
The deteriorating effects of sun and water will require you protect your asphalt pavement with an application of Seal Coat. When asphalt pavement is exposed to blistering wind, sun, and water, the asphalt oxidizes and hardens. If you noticed, your pavement is going to look brittle as a result.
Now that your pavement is brittle, it’s more likely that it will crack because it’s unable to flex and bend when exposed to temperature changes and traffic. By sealcoating, you take a preventative maintenance measure by creating a waterproof membrane that slows down the oxidation process and helps to shed water, preventing it from entering the base material.
We use asphalt emulsion sealer. Before applying the sealer we prime all the oil spots and use crack filler for all the major cracks. After the sealer is applied your parking lot will look beautiful, and will be ready for striping.
Our Process behind applying the Asphalt Slurry Mix
- Our process starts by combing through your existing asphalt and sealing the random pavement cracks that are salvageable. We will route cracks ¼” or larger. After that, we blow out and clean the cracks to ensure proper adhesion. Following that, with a hot rubberized tar material (applied at 380° F), we’ll fill the cracks, with excess being squeegeed off.
- In this step, we’ll need to thoroughly clean your pavement using a combination of power blowers, power brooms, wire brushes, and as necessary, power washers. When appropriate, we’ll trim the grassy edges of your pavement, fully removing the grass and dirt that may not provide free and clear access, allowing us to properly seal the edges of your pavement, where deterioration usually starts.
- —————————————— REWRITE 3,4,5
- After the pavement is thoroughly cleaned, we start the seal coating process. Our process involves applying an emulsion based seal coat material with 3 lbs of sand per gallon added to the emulsion. We apply the seal coat in two separate coats. The first coat is applied by the squeegee method. Once the first coat is dried we apply a second coat which is sprayed on.
- Where appropriate, to prevent staining of those surfaces, small brushes are used to cut-in adjacent to curbs, aprons, sidewalks, etc. Please note: where cutting in is necessary and appropriate, you may notice a darker shade resulting from additional material in those areas. The shading is unavoidable; but in time, these areas will blend in with the rest of your driveway.
- Heavily alligatored areas are double seal coated or treated with a special, very thick material to help cover and stabilize those areas where your driveway has a base failure. This is not a permanent solution, but a time buying procedure which cannot be guaranteed.
Once the seal coat process is finished we barricade your driveway(s) with caution tape or construction cones for 24-48 hours.
One thing is certain.
Sealcoating prolongs the longevity of asphalt pavement. Correctly sealed asphalt creates curb appeal to any property, while slowing down the corrosion process. Damages from water are prevented by enclosing the surface. Sealcoated asphalt pavement is less susceptible to cracks, as well as gasoline and oil stains. Sealcoating also makes cleaning and other ground maintenance much easier.
A parking lot without sealcoating exposes small gaps to water seepage, which results in crack expansion.
Sealcoating additionally helps level out surface areas, which makes parking lot striping and marking look more professional.
Repairs to asphalt can be costly, but proper sealcoating and ongoing maintenance can significantly decrease the development of cracks and other damage. Sealcoating is an integral service for those who intend to preserve their investment and extend the life of an asphalt parking lot (or similar asphalt pavement).
To obtain an estimate on sealcoating or other paving services, contact Revitalize Paving by filling out the form, or by calling us 281 888 8226